Thursday, December 31, 2009

Travel Diaries: Day 1

Welp let me begin by wishing everyone a happy new year!! As everyone may already know Elle and I are taking the MEGAbus to Chicago. We are super excited about getting there, but just wanted to tell you a little about the beginning of our adventure!

It started at 815 when Bundo came to pick us up, still drunk from night before lol... But thankful he made it! We leave with an unnecessary amount of stuff: 2 pillows, stuffed animals/blankets (yes we are almost 24),2 suitcases, 3 carry ons, 2 purses and a cooler named Jim Bob. We finally haul everything out the door locking it behind me... Did I mention I currently can't find my keys?

We get about half mile down the road when I realize I left my winter jacket, with my license in it... That's great considering my roommate is in PA and I had already called my landlord, Mr. Horny, once this week let me in. So I end up calling him, and yet again he has to unlock it for my friend Care who is going to stop in and pick it up because we thought we were running late.

We get to the stop and I look at the confirmation and realize that in fact we are 40 minutes early because the bus doesn't leave til 9:30. Better early than late I suppose.

We get all cozied in on the bus with our pillows and blankets and Elle just informed me that her car keys and house keys are in my room, which is currently locked... I'm sure that will be another call to Mr. Horny.

Don't want to turn this into another long blog, but just wanted to let everyone know the sort of people that are on the bus: there are 2 45 year old loud women in the very first row and they have already finished a 1/5 and its not even noon. A man who woke up and belched. A herd of asians. And an assortment of other people. Oh and Pedro our bus driver!

This is truly the blind leading the blind traveling.

That's all for now! Happy New Year!!

Signing off from the MEGAbus,

NUMMIES and Elle

Countdown to Chi: 2 hrs

Things I'm not looking forward to: walking around chicago with a thin fleece, no hood and way to much luggage... Also trying to find our way to our friends on the L... Should be an experience

No comments:

Post a Comment